- Do I like this? (Person, place, thing, service, etc.)
- What’s in it for me? (new ideas, products that I want, special sales, entertainment, amusement, etc.)
- Do I want to be associated with this?
For your social media efforts to be successful, you need to look at engagement like a business transaction. If the interaction is the currency, what are you offering in return? Would you ‘pay’ for you what you’re putting out there? Your followers are only as valuable as their interaction with your brand. Does what you offer them match or exceed this value?
Start looking at your social media content as an opportunity to add value to your audience’s life. Everything you post should strengthen your relationship.
- They like you
- They gain something from you
- They want to be associated with you